Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grey's Anatomy: A Shock(ing Revelation)

OK Y'all, I'm a huge, HUGE fan of Grey's Anatomy.  Seriously.  I hate when I have to miss an episode.  Thank God for Hulu, amiright?

Those of you who watch it know that Mark Sloan, while gorgeous... well, he isn't exactly what I'd call 'bright' or 'all there' in the relationships department.  But a couple weeks ago, he really got to me.  I think he's changing, you guys.  I call first dibs.


In all seriousness, though, he said something that really made me think, "These Hollywood writers get what marriage is supposed to be!!"  Because usually, I don't get that.  I see sex and cheating and fights and back and forth and... well, you get the point.

But on this day, Mark had realized how much he loved Lexi (or "Little") Gray.  They've been through some tough times, y'all, and she went crazy after a murderous shooter killed several staff members and threatened her life.  But Sloan, you see, all he wants is to be with her, think and thin.  He says:
"I know who she is.  And if she's going through her worst right now, I want to go through it with her.  She makes me happier than... anything I've ever known.  And if I can have a part in making her happy again, that's all I want to do.  That's all I want to do for the rest of my life."

This reminds me of what my last couple years have been like.  You see, I suffered from some NASTY post partum depression.  In many ways, I'm still suffering from it.  I'll write more about that later this week and into next.

But my sweet, strong husband carried me through it.  He could have bailed... he could have left me to dig my way out of it.  But he said he wouldn't, and he didn't.  He was there through all the different medications I had to try, he was there when I couldn't crawl out of bed.  He came home early on days I needed him (which was every day...), and ultimately lost his job because he put his family first.

I'll never, ever, be able to thank him enough or repay him for all those things.

And I think to myself, I wonder, if I would do those things.  Would I sacrifice to carry him?  Would I hold his hand when he cried, put all of my needs aside for however long it took for him to get 'back to normal'?  And even beyond, if he never went back?

I sure hope so.  Because isn't that what being a spouse is all about?

No comments:

 
Web Analytics