Sunday, August 8, 2010

There's a reason for the lack of posting...

Meet "Ms. Marvel".  Yes, like the Avengers superheroine.

Well, a few, actually.

P and I have bee a single-car family ever since we met.  I had a scooter at first, and then he had a motorcycle at one point, but we have never had more than 1 car.  And let's face it.  Scooters and motorcycles aren't very family friendly or compatible with bad weather.  We always knew we'd need a second car, and then after selling both 2-wheelers, it became necessity.

But you see, we want to be debt-free.  And P got laid off, leaving us with very little income for close to a year.  So what we DID make, went towards survival and a little debt removal.  There was no room to think about a new car anytime soon as our current one, while not perfect for our family, was still pretty reliable.

So when I got a text from my MIL asking if we wanted help in getting a retired government car, I thought about, oh, TWO SECONDS before saying yes, please?  And then when the opportunity arose to actually get TWO of those cars... well, we said 'see ya Friday!' and hopped on a plane.

All that to say, I've been traveling.

And also, I've mentioned i'm a student, right?  Yeah, well, I just finished up 9 hours of summer classes with a toddler in tow, so I'm sorry, blog friends, but I had to leave you in the dust for a few days.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.  At least until something else happens, right?


A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after.  ~Peter De Vries

No comments:

 
Web Analytics