Monday, July 26, 2010

D-Day.

I promise this blog isn't a chronicle of our 'love story'. I just feel everyone deserves a little background, then maybe you can understand a bit more of what I'm talking about later on down the road, right?

So, D-Day. The day when we said goodbye to being single.  And took on a whole mess of responsibilities to each other.  It was pretty awesome.  I married my soulmate, after all. We had a small ceremony in a little park across the street from our house:
See? Houses!
And then the reception IN our tiny house, on a June Texas day with a broken A/C:
Nothing mattered then except WE WERE MARRIED!

I had a blast.

Now, I got a comment on Facebook earlier this week about 'real weddings'.  And I want to say, the wedding isn't the part that matters.  As a girl, I love them (as stated previously).  I loved my wedding, but I don't even feel like it was what I expected, or wanted originally, or whatever.  To me, it wasn't a 'real wedding'. (We didn't get to dance much at all!)  I think most women have this picture in our heads of how we want our wedding to go, of all the frills, decorations, what the dress should look like... and it wasn't that.  I still loved it.   loved him, and I kept telling myself the rest did not matter one bit.  Guess what?  It didn't!

All that to say, I look back on that day and think how insignificant it's been in the grand scheme of it all.  And it's only been 3 years!  Can you imagine how I'll feel in 10? 20?  There has been SO MUCH MORE that has taken up the forefront of our thoughts.  We talk about doing it up 'right' for our 5 or 10 year anniversary... and we might.  But then I think, we're so glad that we didn't blow all our money on all the fuss... It was relatively low-stress... why would we want to do that now?  With a kid? and jobs? and school?

Just send me on a cruise.

No comments:

 
Web Analytics