Friday, July 23, 2010

The Meaning of Wife

This is me and my husband on our wedding day- June 30, 2007.  We got hitched 8 months TO THE DAY after we met, and boy, has it been one wild ride.
He likes to say he got me off Craigslist.  I hate the way he says it, it sounds terrible, but it's true.  We met online.  Through a personals ad.  And honestly?  I did NOT see him coming.  I thought, ok, I'll dip my toes in, start dating again, have some fun.  Then I met him.  I think, even from that first night, I was done for.

He, on the other hand?  Not so much.  It took him a little longer (though still not long at all) to realize what we had.  That we were going to be a forever kind of thing.  About 5 weeks later, however, he took a dive and asked me to become his wife.  We're here, so obviously I said yes...
At any rate, it's been three years now.  I know, that's not a super long time, but that's why I feel the need to write.  Because we've got a long way to go, sure, but in 3 years, we've been through one hell of a lot.  Considering we didn't know each other all that well when we got married, this may as well be an arranged marriage, at least in how hard we have to work at it.  We've learned a lot.  We're learning every day.

And I'm discovering just what it means to really truly, be a wife.


wifea woman joined in marriage to a man; a woman considered inrelation to her 
husbandspouse.

1 comment:

david said...

I met my wife online, too... We were married about 10 months after the meeting online, and 7 months after meeting in person.

Whether you know someone for a long time or not before getting married is not near as important as getting married with the full and unreserved intention of staying married till death do you part. The forever part gives a context within which to work *ALL* problems out.

If divorce or separation is admitted at all, it totally dissolves any reason to bother working things out.

 
Web Analytics