Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Love Dare


I'm starting a new venture.
This is a wife blog, after all. And what does it mean to be a wife, if not striving to better your marriage?

I've {partially} done the Love Dare before.  That is to say, I've started it.  It's a wonderful, wonderful thing.
I'm not quite sure why I haven't finished it.  Probably because, like most things, I tend to forget what's important and don't make time for it. For reading it, studying the Word of it, implementing it.

Well, blog world, you're going to be my accountability partner.  I know that technically, since he reads this, I shouldn't be posting about it.  I should just do this and see how if affects our marriage.  But I want to write about it and share it with you lovely people.

So that's what I'm going to do.  From here on out, there will, at the very least, be a weekly post on how The Love Dare is affecting our lives and our marriage.  An insider's persepective!
If you are interested in following along, you can always search for The Love Dare, or click the button on the side of my blog to be taken to all posts appropriately tagged. 

And if you're just completely out of the loop and have never heard of this, well...
Essentially, it is a 40-day practice into learning about giving (and receiving!) unconditional love. 

Something I think we could all use a little help with.

Love is patient, love is kind.



It does not envy.


Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;


It is not self-seeking, nor easily angered.


It keeps no record of wrongdoing.


It does not delight in evil,


But rejoices in the truth.


It always protects, trusts, hopes, and preserves.


There is nothing love cannot face;


There is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance.


In a word, there are three things that last forever:


Faith, hope, and love;


But the greatest of them all is love.


-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments:

 
Web Analytics