Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So many things...

**Update** All is well.  Blood count is normal, lungs still sound clear, etc. etc.  So at this point, it seems to be something that maybe played piggyback to the stuff from last week.  Thank goodness she's OK.

Well, yet again, I've failed to blog.  I'm sorry, folks. 

Believe me, it's not that I don't want to.  But this pesky little life keeps getting in the way of things.

Last week, my daughter got sick.  We thought it was Croup, so we did the steamy bathroom thing, lots of fluid and rest.  Well, by Thursday, the cough was very wet sounding, so we decided to take her to the doctor.  We get her in there, and while her lungs sound clear, it appears she has another ear infection of some sort.  The ear drum itself looked great, but there was some sort of pus in there that, I suppose, appeared painful.  So we got some ear drops and antibiotics and were on our way.

Again, that was Thursday.  Sunday afternoon, after 3 doses of antibiotics, her fever spiked.  She had not had a fever until then.  Yet all of a sudden, she was on fire.  Like, 103.3 on fire.  Me being a little paranoid (and a hypochondriac myself) took her immediately to the emergency room, since the doctor was off duty and I was not about to risk anything.  By the time we got to the ER, all of 10 minutes later, her fever had gone to 103.8.  I was a little scared.

I've come to the conclusion that I hate emergency rooms.  Granted, this one was better than others- they let us call the shots on what was done to our daughter, but... we got no answers other than the good news that no pneumonia was present and there was no UTI- but a 'we think it's viral' and 'give her tylenol and motrin to help the fever'. 

Now, my daughter's been sick for over a week.  She's still feeling miserable, it's getting worse even, and I'm freaking out a little.  They said perhaps it was fifth disease... which can take a while to clear, I suppose.  At any rate, her pediatrician is bringing her in this morning for a blood draw.

All this to say, I've been busy with a sick little girl.  And I'm sorry, blog world, but that takes precedence over any posting that may or may not occur.

Also, please pray everything turns out ok.

No comments:

 
Web Analytics